10 January 2009

Think of me...

Whenever you have downtime, think of me in Madagascar and what I'm doing at that very moment halfway across the world. I'll give you a hint. I'll most likely be doing one of the following :

1. Having a laughable conversation of perpetual misunderstanding with a Malagasy person.

2. Cooking an unappetizing concotion, usually containing potatoes or rice or pasta.

3. Sleeping fitfully under the protection of my mosquito net, wondering if that noise is coming from a rat or a cockroach or yet another disgusting creature Madagascar has yet to reveal to me.

4. Sitting in my bamboo chair, staring at various parts of my banana leaf and baboo house lit by a single candle, wondering if 7:30 is too early to go to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linday,
Just thought I'd let you know that people in Pella contintue to think of you.

Thanks for the updates. I especially enjoyed the Vazaha one. :)

I'll say a prayer that all goes well.

Jon Witt.

Tim said...

LINDSAY!

oh no you can't cook. you poor thing. what are you doing without pizza?

i love you a lot. 7:30 is too early to go to bed.

~tim

Theodore Sutherland said...

Hi. I would like to learn more about the Malagasy culture in terms of culture. Do you know people at the Peace Corps stationed there who can help me with that. Thanks (tsutherl@bates.edu)